A powerful blast rocked a town in the southern Philippines on Sunday, killing at least one and injuring 15 others. Authorities said, a home-made bomb ripped through an internet cafe in Isulan town, in Sultan Kudarat province, around 7:35 p.m.
An 18-year-old youth was killed in the incident. Three of the 15 wounded are fighting for their lives, in a local hospital, authorities said. Philippine National Police chief, Oscar Albayalde, ordered the provincial police force "to increase patrols and tighten security cordon in the town."
"(We'll) intensify our cooperation with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)," Albayalde said.
"We strongly condemn the attack on the people of Isulan. We are saddened by the casualties brought about by this cowardly act, perpetrated by people hell-bent on their nefarious goals, without regard for the lives of civilians," Albayalde added.
Brig. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, commander of the Army's 6th Infantry Division, based in Maguindanao, said, the military has placed the town on a lock-down, in a move to arrest the perpetrator. "Most likely it's still the BIFF (Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters). There is no other group, who would dare to carry out the bombing, and there is no other group with an interest to bomb without any reason," said Sobejana.
BIFF, a Daesh-inspired group, was also blamed for last Tuesday's attack. On Tuesday last week, an improvised explosive device went off in Isulan, killing three and wounding more than 30 others.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK