A child has died after being bitten by a snake in Anaitha of Mahottari rural municipality-2 last night. The deceased has been identified as Akash, 13, son of Madan Ram, said Prakash Bista, Deputy Superintendent of Police, District Police Office.
The boy was bitten by a poisonous snake while he was asleep at his home. He was rushed to the snake bite treatment center in Mahendranagar, Dhanusha. His condition worsened while returning home from the centre and was taken to the District Hospital, Jaleshwor, where he passed away, police said.
Source: National News Agency Nepal