Property worth more than Rs 500,000 has been gutted when the Prince Restaurant and Lodge caught fire at Bhimdutta municipality-18 on Wednesday night.
The fire is believed to have started from an incense stick lit at the hotel run by a local Lal Bahadur Thapa.
Different goods including alcohol, beverages, TV, fridge, furniture and inverter were destroyed in the incident, said victim Thapa.
People living at upper floor of the hotel informed Thapa about the incident at 11:00 pm. Thapa had closed the hotel at 9:30 pm and went home. The fire was doused with the help of locals and the fire engine, said District Police Office.
Source: National News Agency Nepal