Property worth around Rs 2.5 million has been gutted by fire when a grocery shop at Tamaghat bazaar of Panchkhal municipality caught fire this morning.
All goods kept in the shop as well as godown have been destroyed by fire, said Deputy Superintendent of Police at the District Police Office, Kavrepalanchowk, Hari Khatiwada.
The shop was run by Dayaram Koirala in a rented room. Short circuit might be reason behind the fire, said Chairperson of ward no 4, Sundar Tamang.
Similarly, a fancy shop belonging to a local Pritiman Tamang, also suffered minor damages in the incident, said police. Locals and fire engine doused the fire, added ward Chairperson Tamang.
Source: National News Agency Nepal