On 17 March, a fire broke out in a house located in Baraha Municipality of Sunsari due to an electricity shot when a gas cylinder exploded. The flames ripped through forty-nine houses of ward no. 11. Fortunately, there were no deaths reported. In this crisis situation, UMN and its local partner Sundar Samaj Nirman Samuha, provided support to the fire survivors (all the 49 houses plus a few extra households) with emergency relief items like dry food, noodles, tarpaulin, mattress and mosquito net. Our prayers are with the families.
Source: United Mission to Nepal (UMN)