The Kathmandu metropolitan City (KMC) and Kathmandu University (KU) have signed a memorandum of understanding for maintaining Kathmandu city's cleanliness and sanitation.
As per the MoU, KMC has to select 20 persons and KU shall offer them the professional learning course in sanitation under the Global Sanitation Graduate School Project.
The course will commence from March 5 and KMC will have to forward the names of the selected individuals for the course within March 4. The selected persons will also be sent for a week-long training at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand as part of the course.
A three-member committee has been formed under the convenorship of KMC Chief Administrative Officer Rajeshwor Gyawali for managing the training. The committee has one representative each from KU and AIT.
Of the financial responsibility to be borne by KMC, the metropolis shall provide 60 per cent of this in the first phase after the signing of the agreement and the remaining 40 per cent after the progress report of three months is available.
Those selected for the professional course shall support KMC by conducting a special programme on waste classification and management.
The MoU was signed by KMC administrative officer Gyawali and Dr Dambar Bahadur Nepali, Dean of KU School of Engineering here on Friday on behalf KMC and KU respectively.
On the occasion, KMC Mayor Bidya Sundar Shakya said the agreement with the KU has been signed in course of rendering the KMC's works specialized.
Dr Nepali said signing of the agreement with KMC was an initiation of significant work for the Kathmandu University.
Source: National News Agency Nepal