Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has asserted that the government was spearheading the 'Digital Nepal' mega campaign.
The campaign aims to enable Nepal to harness its growth potential by leveraging the potential of digital technologies to drive socio-economic growth by 2022, according to the 2018 Digital Nepal Framework released by the government.
Addressing the 34th anniversary of Dhulikhel Municipality in Dhulikhel today, PM Oli reiterated, Every day we are undertaking epoch-making task and the country is heading towards modernism, development, social justice equality and prosperity.
Stating that the government had introduced employment programme with an objective to encourage youths towards self-employment, Oli shared that the government had also stressed technical education.
On a different note, he shared that more than 88 per cent of the public were under the ambit of electrification and remaining 12 per cent would also be ensured the access to electricity and installation of smart electricity metre would be installed in all houses within two years.
Sharing that the expansion of Bhaktapur-Banepa-Dhulikhel road would be initiated very soon, the PM added, We will continue with the construction of tunnel and expanding roadways.
The Head of the Government said that Nepal was the first country in the South Asia to generate electricity and that's since a century ago. The power production which was recorded less than 500 watt for many years has seen a surge in the last two years and now has reached 1,000 megawatt, according to him. Next year we will generate additional 1,000 mega watt of electricity and will export the surplus electricity to other countries.
According to him, an 'underground road' would be made at Koteshwor in Kathmandu Valley for effective traffic management. He also expressed his happiness over the cent percent enrollment of the children of school-going age in the schools.
He said that the development of Dhulikhel had eluded him and expressed his happiness that the Kavrepalanchowk was emerging as a land which would produce talented persons.
The PM suggested the local authorities here to move towards modernization in farming and bolster the production of organic fruits and vegetables.
Similarly, Minister for Communication and Information Technology Gokul Prasad Banskota said that the government was ushering Nepal towards justice and equality.
Likewise, Minister for Drinking Water Beena Magar said that she was very pleased with the Dhulikhel Municipality maintaining cleanliness in drinking water it supplies to the people here.
Also speaking in the event, Dhulikhel Municipality's Mayor Ashok Byanju Shrestha shared that works were forwarded in the Municipality to make it the best model municipality in two decades.
On the occasion, PM Oli feted various persons acing in their respective disciplines and sectors in the district while the PM also unveiled the statue of late leader Madan Bhandari at Kavrebhangyang in the district.
Source: National News Agency Nepal